[mythtv-users] Re: Can't get S/PDIF sound working

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:17:30 EDT 2005

I've made some progress on this - I think! I can get some sound out of
MythTV and using speaker-test now, but I can't get Dolby Digital to
come out of xine.

Using speaker-test, I can get sound out of the right, centre and left
speakers but not the rear speakers or the sub-woofer.

Not sue it it's relevant but I still can't get any output from:
[elm|~]$ aplay -D digital pronounce_linux.au
[elm|~]$ aplay pronounce_linux.au

I must be getting closer as I can at least get sound out now. Does
anyone know what I need to do to get Dolby from xine? The play command
I'm using is:
xine -pfhq --no-splash dvd://

Regards,
Phill