[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase and danish xmltv grabbing

Jens Lohmann-Hansen Jens at lohmann-hansen.dk
Mon Jan 31 02:32:19 EST 2005

Hi all.

I've been running mythtv before (a version 0.11 or something), and finally got
around to reinstalling it on a freshly reinstalled gentoo box. After fighting
with the bttv-driver, xawtv and other stuff, I am now where I can say that
the box as such is capable of watching tv - just not through mythtv.

Problem in a nutshell: I live in Denmark (Europe), and mythfilldatabase is
acting up.

Sample output:

emilie root # mythfilldatabase
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
config file /root/.mythtv/Television.xmltv does not exist, run me with
--configure
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Failed to fetch some program info
emilie root # mythfilldatabase --configure
illegal option: '--configure' (use --help)
emilie root # mythfilldatabase --manual
###
### Running in manual channel configuration mode.
### This will ask you questions about every channel.
###
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
config file /root/.mythtv/Television.xmltv does not exist, run me with
--configure
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Failed to fetch some program info
emilie root #

Searching the mail archives hasn't helped me (maybe wrong search criteria?).

Can anyone help? (Yes, I know - running as root may not be the best idea. I am
however in the process of setting up the box :-) )

Thank you in advance,

/Jens