[mythtv-users] Bootsplash theme for MythTV?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 00:46:15 EST 2005

> G'day all,
> Is anyone using bootsplash?
> Does anyone know of a mythtv bootsplash theme?
> What about background images (ie. to use as X root image while mfe is
> creating a bootsplash theme.
>
> I'm in the 'polishing' stage of my mythbox building.... software
> suspend 2 seems to be working nicely for me, as does nvram-wakeup.
> Bootsplash combined with swsusp2 would make for a snappy and
> attractive bootup.

I'm not using bootsplash. I'm on FC2 and it uses grub boot loader. By
default that did a graphical boot which I removed as I like to see all
the messages when it's booting up. I did create a background image
which I display during the window manager startup which is a MythTV
image with some text saying "Press xxx on the remote to start MythTV"
- nicer than a blank screen.

I've been wondering what would be a good way of taking this further by
popping up a screen which shows a picture of the remote with some text
describing each button - just a static image, nothing fancy. What prog
could be used to pop up the image over MythTV - it needs to do it
pretty much instantly so a web browser is out - and could it be
programmed to go away by pressing any button on the remote (presumably
it could if it had lirc built in rather than relying on irexevent)?

Regards,
Phill