[mythtv-users] commercial flagging after transcoding?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jan 27 14:19:33 EST 2005

> Can't the DB entries for the pre-transcoded file be used for the
> post-transcoded file?  Does the transcoding process remove these entries
> from the DB?

How are you running transcoding?  Automatically after each recording
or manually from the popup menu?  The manual method will remove the
commercial flagging marks I believe.  The manual method also applies
any cutlist that is present.   I think that if a cutlist is not present
then the manual method should probably not remove the commercial flag
markers, but I don't transcode so I haven't fully tested this.

Here's a link to a patch if you want to try it.  It tells the transcoder
to act as if there is no cutlist if the cutlist is empty.

http://www4.infi.net/~cpinkham/tmp/transcode_check_cutlist.patch

--

Chris