[mythtv-users] commercial flagging after transcoding?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jan 27 10:27:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 10:18 -0500, Phil Bridges wrote:
> IIRC, you need to load the commercial flagpoints into the cutlist before
> you transcode.  I could be wrong, though.

Ahhh.  Slight mis-understanding.

I'm not looking to actually remove the commercials from the transcoded
file (I don't trust the commercial detection enough for that), but
simply have the commercials flagged in the post-transcoded file, just as
they are in the pre-transcoded file.

Can't the DB entries for the pre-transcoded file be used for the
post-transcoded file?  Does the transcoding process remove these entries
from the DB?

b.