[mythtv-users] Favorite Universal Remote? Buying Tips

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:32:15 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:36:28 -0800 (PST), John Smith
<john_smith_45678 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I see that Jarod recommends the Radio Shack 15-2116:
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php
>
> Anybody else have a favorite universal remote?
(snip)
> Thanks,
> John

I also use a RS 15-2116.  I've used the JP1 interface to re-program it
to mimic my wireless keyboard and avoid LIRC.  It works great.  The
best thing about this remote is the community built up around it over
at hifi-remote.com.  They can show you how to do just about anything
with it.

Someone recommended the All-for-One remotes.  AFAIK, most are the
exactly the same as the Radio Shack models internally -- Just
different branding and slightly different button placement.

I hate working with the expensive remotes that have a touch screen
LCD?  Yuck!  And you shoud see the looks my wife gives them.

www.hifi-remote.com really should be your starting point for remote
control questions.  I'm suprised Jarod doesn't have the link in his
guide...