[mythtv-users] Foxtel Digital and IR (IT LIVES!)

stephen mythmail at nb.sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 24 21:58:18 EST 2005

Daniel Parnell wrote:

> G'day All,
>
>     after quite a bit of messing about with the IR, I had actually given
> up trying to get my myth box to control the Foxtel digital set top box
> (after upgrading from ye olde foxtel which worked perfectly).
> I'd looked around on the net and found a file for some programmable
> remote made by Philips that was supposed to be about to control the
> Foxtel digital box, but of course it was in it's own file format (a CCF
> file).  There are several tools about that will extract the IR codes as
> hex strings, and finally this morning I looked through some code that is
> supposed to send these IR codes via a special interface attached to a
> PocketPC device.  Using this code as a guide I was able to produce a
> simple lircd.conf file that allows me to change the channels on again :)
> If anybody is interested I can send them a copy.
>
> Daniel

hi,

i don't have a foxtel digital receiver, but i'd like to know what
tools/code you used to get the IR codes into a lirc format.  i have a
sony clie that i can use to "learn" remote codes, but haven't found an
easy (read: lazy) way to convert those codes into something i can use in
a lircd.conf file.  anything you could send along to the list would be
muchly appreciated!

thanks,
stephen