[mythtv-users] Foxtel Digital and IR (IT LIVES!)

Daniel Parnell daniel at automagic-software.com
Tue Jan 25 16:41:59 EST 2005

G'day Stephen,

	I found some code that can read CCF files under Linux, but it isn't
working too well, so I may try to fix those bugs and produce a tool
that does the conversion manually.  What I did was to use some CCF
tools under Windows that extract the CCF file to a XML format.  The XML
format has the raw IR codes expressed as hex digits.  The first 4 words
contain header information, while the rest represent the number of
carrier cycles for the pulse or gap.
In the case of the Foxtel Digital box the header says the carrier is
36kHz, so to convert the hex numbers to numbers Lirc can use you do the
following

	(hex_word / carrier_freq)*1000000 = lirc pulse width

so, in the case of the Foxtel digital box

	(hex_word / 36000)*1000000 = lirc pulse width

The header is made up of 4 words as follows

	0000 - IR format - 0000 = raw
	0073 - Carrier frequency divisor - calculate actual carrier frequency
as follows 4145146/ 115 = 36045 = 36kHz
	0036 - Number of pulses and gaps
	0000 - The number of repeat pulses

I wrote a simple little windows app that takes just the raw pulse code
parts and produces the lirc codes for them (and makes a nice little
graph of the IR pulses).  What I may do eventually is make something
that takes a CCF file and extracts all the IR codes and produces a lirc
conf file from it.

Daniel