[mythtv-users] Jittery playback on recordings

Mike Garrison mgarrison at alienz.net
Mon Jan 24 19:54:27 EST 2005

My mythtv box is stuttering on some scene changes of my recordings. It
seems to be a playback issue with mythtv, because when I play from my
windows box the problem does not happen. The same is true if i play it
via mplayer on the mythtv box.

I'm not doing any deinterlacing or filters or anything. Live TV also
plays back fine. I'm using the svideo out on the gf4.

During playback, mythfrontend is only using at most 25% of the CPU. The
box is a AMD Athlon 1.1 with 512MB memory.
Video card is a GF4 TI 4200, tuner card is a pvr350.  Mythtv is 0.16

I'm pretty stumped, so any suggestions or ideas would be great.

--
Mike Garrison