[mythtv-users] MythPhone Video

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Sat Jan 22 16:32:13 EST 2005

> I am trying to get Myphone running and other than an occasional Segfault
> when I exit the module it works fairly well.

I get that too, been chasing on and off for a while but not getting a lot of
time at the moment.

> I cannot however get two way video running.  This may be a more
> general router or firewall setup issue but I can connect to other
> clients without difficulty.

The latest CVS has a loopback feature by hitting "L". It can send video to
your NAT address and display the received video. This checks if your NAT and
port forwarding are working ok.

> I am using manual NAT and port forwarding from my external firewall to
> the Myth BOX and certainly the audio and video from Windows Messenger
> to Myth works fine but I cannot get any vVideo from the MythBox to the
> Windows client.

This is almost definately a NAT issue. Are they on the same LAN? I have this
working fine. The latest CVS also has some statistics capability by hitting
"i" mid-call. You can see packets send/received etc. What you really need
though is a trace of the signalling (which is written to a log file;
~/.mythtv/MythPhone/siplog.txt) to check that your NAT address is being
advertised correctly, and also a ethereal trace is useful.