[mythtv-users] OT: CableCard, MythTV, and the Future. Is there a Future?

Matt Grommes matt at mattorama.net
Fri Jan 21 16:06:51 EST 2005

I wouldn't hold your breath. The current cards are barely functional and
the version 2 cards haven't been released yet. It'll be awhile before
anybody has v2 card hardware out, then who knows what kind of DRM and
other crap they put into it to make sure people aren't doing
"unapproved" stuff with their cable signal, like recording to a computer.