[mythtv-users] OT: CableCard, MythTV, and the Future. Is there a Future?

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:00:31 EST 2005

Just reading about CableCard on /.

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/01/21/187212.shtml?tid=129

I was unaware of this interface prior to the article and the
discussion thread (grains of salt applied liberally) seems to imply
that with some work, our little MythTV boxs could some day control
digital STBs (and HD STBs) directly, including the ability to record
HD streams that are NOT OTA.

Any input on this?

I would guess the fine folks over at pcHDTV would have to build a HD
tuner card that plays nice with CableCard, perhaps allowing for the
actual card to be placed in the pcHDTV card for this to work.

Is this something I should follow with bated breath?

Geoff

--
I have some G-Mail invites.
Let me know if you want one.