[mythtv-users] Audio quality problem

Paul Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Wed Jan 19 14:12:20 EST 2005

Hi all,

    First of all I want to commend all of you for such an incredible
program, I love it!  On to my question: I've noticed that my audio,
while it works fine, often sounds a bit like its underwater (alittle
warbley/jittery/echoy). It sounds kind of like a low bit rate mp3 or
something like that.  I've gone in the setup and set the quality to its
highest settings but it does not seem to help at all.  My setup is:

Tuner: WinTV Go (bttv8x8 based card)
Kernel: 2.6.9 gentoo variant
Sound: ALSA, using little patch cable btw the WinTV card and the sound
       card input, I haven't tried using the btaudio driver.
MythTV version: v0.16 from the gentoo ebuilds
Processor: 1.6 GHz P4

(anyone need any other info?)

Thanks!
Paul