[mythtv-users] Multiple frontends watching the same backend program.

Paul Pick paul.pick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:11:18 EST 2005

> > 1) All myth backends do is compress a data stream and send it out.  They
> > have no need to store any data, at least with respect to Live TV.
>
> This isn't how things happen today, and would represent a major change.

 I don't have a mythbox handy just now but isn't it true that the
backend uses a fifo when viewing live tv? If the name of that
fifo were predictable then could it be linked from another system
via a network block device?

http://www.it.uc3m.es/ptb/enbd/

The frontend would need some changes to use a nbd, true, but
would they be that major?

--
"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!"
 -- Kurt Vonnegut