[mythtv-users] Re:Multiple frontends watching the same backend program.

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Wed Jan 19 11:17:49 EST 2005

> Is it at all possible to have multiple frontends watch the same backend that is capturing a live program?

Assuming that you want 2 or 3 different frontends to watch live tv, the answer is "yes." You need to have 2 or 3 tuner cards installed, respectively.

>What would be ideal for me is to have them all display the dish network channel, and have any of them able to change the channel.

I believe that's where your limitation lies--the dish network (satelite, correct?). You will need to have 2 sat. receivers in order to change channels independently (was it a 2-LBN dish?). If you have 1 sat. receiver, woulnd't all frontends watch the same channel?