[mythtv-users] XvMC

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Thu Jan 13 11:03:50 EST 2005

I'm a little confused about XvMC.
When searching the archives I see people saying, "Use XvMC, it will
help so and so." and other people saying, "I used XvMC and everything
is fine now." but there doesn't seem to be any specifics that say, do
this to use XvMC, or, do this to see if you're using XvMC.

I think I did an:
install-i686-lx
when I installed KnoppMyth, but I'm not sure.

How do you use/load/install XvMC, or tell if it is already in
use/loaded/installed?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
   JJ

/proc/driver/nvidia/version:
NVRM version: NVIDIA Linux x86 nvidia.o Kernel Module  1.0-4363  Sat
Apr 19 17:46:46 PDT 2003
GCC version:  gcc version 3.3.2 20030812 (Debian prerelease)