[mythtv-users] mythtivo module causes mythtv 0.16 cvs to segmentation fault SOLVED

James M. MacLaren maclaren at tulane.edu
Tue Jan 11 00:48:31 EST 2005

James M. MacLaren wrote:

> GG, I have got as far as you have editing the settings file shows my
> tivo with its ip.  I dont see any shows if I select it and if I hit
> enter again it seg faults.  I have a hard time reading the code in the
> module but fron what I can tell it doesnt use
> mplayer tivo://192.168.1.102/list to get the files showing. Somehow it
> extracts the titles, fsids etc and populates a list.  If I make any
> progess I will post it.
> I did compile and get mplayerGUI to run and got mythtv to run that.
> It uses the mplayer list option and does show the files.  You can
> select it via the mouse - not remote - so its  partial solution.
> James

GG

I finally got it!  You need to edit showlist.cpp in mythtivo  to
include  after the mfs_init ();' call the following before the else

else if (mfs_resolve("/Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle" ) != 0)
 {
    path = "/Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle"
 }

I have no idea what this is - but debugging vstream in mplayer showed
that was what worked.

James