[mythtv-users] Auto-shutdown question

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Sun Jan 9 16:32:32 EST 2005

I'd like to configure my mythbox to automatically turn off. Noise,
heat, and so on. I have a dedicated mythbox, and a second machine that
serves as email/web server.

I tend to use mythweb (running on the web server) to schedule shows.
Obviously, if the master backend runs on the mythbox, a
mythweb-scheduled show won't trigger a wakeup. So I was wondering if I
could do something like follows:

Master backend on web server, never turns off. No capture card, either.
Slave backend on mythbox, turns off; is woken by master backend (WOL)
when recordings are due.

It's a little convoluted, but should work, right?

Drew

--
Drew Bernat
Paradyn Project                                                  __ ____