[mythtv-users] Tearing in playback

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 6 03:58:47 EST 2005

In message <31028.167.202.196.71.1105001140.squirrel at 167.202.196.71>
        Mark Wormgoor <mark at wormgoor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>    I'm using a DVB-T capture card - MPEG2 input.  I'm using a VGA->SCART
>> adaptor cable to display the video.  (I've finally managed to get Xv to
>> work with interlaced output so this is running at reasonable speed
>> now.)
>>
>>    I'm getting tearing of the image during playback.  Myth should be
>> syncing the frame update to occur during the vertical refresh, right?
>> Does anyone know how this is supposed to happen, and how I figure out
>> why it isn't happening?
>
> I finally gave up on trying to solve this.  I enabled deinterlacing for
> MythtTV, Xine and MPlayer and everything looks fine now, even though the
> video is now deinterlaced and then interlaced again.

I don't what the solution is, but I have a similar setup and see a
similar effect. It seems to vary though, presumably depending on how
good the sync is to the vertical refresh is at the time.

What sync method are you using? I'm on RTC because the ATrpms build
of 0.16 seems to have OpenGL sync turned off and when I rebuilt with
it on something chewed so much CPU that playback kept breaking up.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/