[mythtv-users] Dish DVR 510

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Wed Jan 5 23:29:32 EST 2005

Does anyone have lirc changing channels on one of these?  I think I
followed the instructions

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

and entered the information for a dish 301, which was the closest I
could find.

I used 3 4.7k resitors in parallel combined with an ordinary green led
and a photodiode that was allready on a cable from some remote sending
thing.

These were just the parts I had here.  At any rate you have about 1.6k
of resistance + the normal led (which takes the place of the signal
diode) and the ir led.  The led blinks as expected, but no channels get
changed..  (Since the visible led is blinking the ir led should be as
well, just not in the visible spectrum.)

I was just wondering if anyone had gotten this working.  Another option
is the myblaster device, but I'm not sure that will work with this,
although it does have about 6 or so dish model codes.

-Robert