[mythtv-users] Soundblaster live and AC3 for MythDVD help

Paul Miller paul at pinheiro.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 5 22:02:17 EST 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 5:14 pm, Neil Milne wrote:
> You must use ALSA 1.0.7 or 1.0.5 or less - avoid 1.0.6 as this has
> a bug which affects the spdif output for SB live cards. Note that
> this means if you use a recent 2.6 kernel you will need to patch
> it, as they have 1.0.6. I think 2.6.10 may have alsa 1.0.7 in it
> but I'm not sure. It's the module version you need to make sure of,
> not the tools/utils.

Ah, yes.  I previously was using the stock driver from kernel 2.6.9
(1.0.6).  Now, I'm using the alsa 1.0.7 modules with the same kernel.
Mplayer now works with "mplayer -ac hwac3", but Xine does not.  I
have not made any changes asoundrc yet.

> The other key thing is to get the mixer settings correct. If you
> can get either DD/DTS passthrough or myth PCM sound working but not
> the other drop me a line and I'll send you the asound.state file I
> have for storing the mixer state - I've found if you mess that up
> you can end up with a non-working card :-(

Can you send me both your mixer settings and your rc file?  Do you
also have a Xine configuration file?  The changes previously posted
on the list did not effect the output.

Thanks!
-Paul