[mythtv-users] MythMusic and vanishing songs

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Wed Jan 5 21:24:49 EST 2005

Brandon Beattie wrote:

>For a week or so now I've been unable to find out why myth music would
>not display my songs.  I've changed nothing on them for months actually.
>Any additional attempt to try to re-load and start from scratch and
>build a new song listing fails with a message when doing a scan for
>music of "metadata.o: No songs were found, if that's okay with you it's
>okay with me."  (wording may be off.. bad memory).  Anyway, I've
>checked, rechecked paths/permissions, etc.
>
>Has anyone else seen this happen or any thoughts on what's going on and
>how to fix it?  Latest CVS builds of course..
>
>--Brandon

You're not alone in this, I'm having the exact same problem.  I upgraded
mythtv and mythmusic to the latest cvs and it started happening.  I
tried fixing it by reinstalling a known good version (a couple of weeks
old) of mythmusic from cvs and yet the problem remained.  So maybe it
has something to do with the version of mythtv mythmusic is compiling
against?