[mythtv-users] Re: Removable media browser?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Mon Jan 3 09:17:44 EST 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 05:48:14 -0800, Brad <mythtv at braddolman.com> wrote:

> If I may interject... I am SOOOoooo looking for
> this feature too. Basically, I have a whole bunch
> of data DVDs with various stuff archived on them
> (shows, movies, clips, etc). Currently, I load
> them onto my MythTV box by inserting them into my
> Mac and copying them over the network. Of course,
> the WAF for this is very low. I would love to be
> able to insert one of these DVDs in the drive of
> my Myth box and navigate the directories to play
> the files directly from MythVideo.

On my box I simply made a symlink in my MythVideo dir to /dev/dvd or
whatever it was called. Insert disc, browse to dir, play files. :)

I think you have to install an automounter for this to work though, can't
remember which one I had (or if it was built into MythTV itself). I do
remember disabling it since it wouldn't let go of the disc when I was done
with it, forcing me to ssh to the box and issue an "eject -something"
command...

--
Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc dto org>