[mythtv-users] Re: Removable media browser?

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Mon Jan 3 08:48:14 EST 2005

If I may interject... I am SOOOoooo looking for
this feature too. Basically, I have a whole bunch
of data DVDs with various stuff archived on them
(shows, movies, clips, etc). Currently, I load
them onto my MythTV box by inserting them into my
Mac and copying them over the network. Of course,
the WAF for this is very low. I would love to be
able to insert one of these DVDs in the drive of
my Myth box and navigate the directories to play
the files directly from MythVideo.

I haven't mentioned it as I assumed this
functionality was hidden somewhere and I just
haven't found it.  ;-)

If it were further possible to copy one of those
files to the Myth box's HD directly from the
MythTV UI (e.g. using the remote control), it
would seriously lower the number of requests I
get from my girlfriend for "tech support"