[mythtv-users] ATSC content heavy pixel-ating every 15 sec's

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Sat Jan 1 01:33:14 UTC 2005

Two problems appear obvious:

1. Your drive isn't quite set correctly, just mostly.

Try adding:

	hdparm -c3 /dev/hdb

You can also see if your chipset will tolerate

	hdparm -u1 /dev/hdb

Not all of them will so you'll have to experiment to see if it causes
problems.

2. move drive to master on /dev/hdc

You want to move the drive off the same controller as /dev/hda.  Slave
drives have very poor performance on IDE.  You want it to be either
master on /dev/hdc or on a different PCI IDE card away from your
DVD-ROM.  I tend to share the DVD-ROM with the second drive because they
are rarely active at the same time.