[mythtv-users] ATSC content heavy pixel-ating every 15 sec's

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Sat Jan 1 00:52:30 UTC 2005

I'm running a CVS build from mid-Dec and I've noticed that every 15 sec's on recorded content I get heavy pixel-ation (if that's a word).

For a while I thought it was due to a weak station - but it does this for all recordings.  And the fact it does this EVERY 15 sec's makes me think there is something odd going on.

I was thinking it might be a DMA issue - but the drive seems to be set correctly:

htpc / # /sbin/hdparm -v /dev/hdb

/dev/hdb:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    = 256 (on)
 geometry     = 19929/255/63, sectors = 163928604672, start = 0

My setup:

- P4 3.2G
- Dec CVS build
- Gentoo