[mythtv-users] Hard Lockups

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:13:52 UTC 2005

Welcome to my world...

Umm, underpowered for cards that are doing mpeg in hardware,
personally I think not...

Here's something to check, see if one of your cards is IRQ sharing
with your onboard video card or anything else for that matter... do an
"lspci -v" and paste the results.

I think ivtv does this with PVR-350 tvout (framebuffer / X ivtvdev
driver) when IRQ's are shared with the PVR-350. I'm still
experimenting with this theory....

Another thing you may want to try, stay SSH'd into the box from
another machine (laptop?) and as soon as it locks up, hit enter at the
shell prompt. I bet it'll unfreeze the box. Another thing that
sometimes works is pinging the box (even though it doesn't respond).

You can probably get it to lockup doing FF/REW alot, or browse through
the listing of shows... just playing the little preview video of the
show usually does it after a bit of scrolling around...

-Kenneth