[mythtv-users] New NVidia drivers, 7676.. not much changed.

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 23:58:50 UTC 2005

Yeah, I primarily use software decoding, because of the XvMC issues.
My system is not as beefy as yours (Socket754 3200+) but it can handle
a single HD stream (though, I think my playback is smoother with
XvMC..  I see a 'judder' effect on panning scenes with software
decode).

But, with the capability there in the hardware, I would like to take
advantage of it.   I'm hoping it would let my relatively modest system
be able to handle PiP with two HD streams,  postprocessing while
viewing other material, or any random Linux function running without
effecting MythTV.

Prior to MythTV, I used a "MyHD" card in windows.  It had a hardware
decoder, so I got used to doing HD with low CPU overhead..  I'm trying
to get close to that effect in Myth.