[mythtv-users] volume problem

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:21:18 UTC 2005

Hello guys,
I am having a strange kind of a problem. In my MythTV, for some
reason, when I playback, I have to turn up the volume a bit (almost
half way) to hear the dialogues, however if there is a background
music going on, then it becomes too loud. To give an example (and this
is true in almost all shows/movies):
I am watching *Friends*, and I have to turn up the volume up so that I
can hear the guys talking. Suddenly the title starts and it's so loud
that I have to turn down the volume. Then the show resumes and I have
to again notch up the volume!

Any help or effort in this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ash.

P.S: I'm a novice in Linux/Unix so anything really easy for you might
be very hard for me. So a step by step instruction is very much
appreciated. TY.