[mythtv-users] Is this any good for mythtv?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Fri Aug 19 13:31:27 UTC 2005

Christopher David Petersen wrote:

> On 8/18/05, *Roel Gielen* <r.gielen at home.nl <mailto:r.gielen at home.nl>>
> wrote:
>
>     MythTV wrote:
>
>     >If you check the archives I believe there was a lot of discussion
>     around
>     >some tuner cards being a tight fit in the Pundit.
>     >

I looked at the Samsung drive, but decided on a Maxtor because I could
get double the cache which is great when you get into using multiple
streams.  Compare these drives side by side.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822152019
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144187

Both are 7200RPM with fluid bearings.  At 16MB cache vs 8MB, to me the
Maxtor is $2 well spent.  If you want to skimp, I say skimp on memory.
Stay with 512 and a name brand, but get a cheap stick.  memtest it as
soon as you get.  By the time you have a problem with it, if you EVER
do, you will be able to buy twice as much for the difference.

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.