[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase gives a weird error

Jonathan Fors etnoy at broach.se
Wed Aug 17 21:00:52 UTC 2005

Hello all.

I've just set up my first PVR system, and I am generally very impressed
by everything. There is one thing that is not working, and that are the
program listings.
I am living in Sweden, and I use the swedb xmltv grabber, and I run the
latest and greatest versions of both it and myth.
Now, when I run mythfilldatabase the listings are getting downloaded,
but when mythtv processes the information I get from the grabber, I
encounter this strange error:

$ mythfilldatabase
2005-08-17 22:54:37.331 New DB connection, total: 1
2005-08-17 22:54:37.775 New DB connection, total: 2
Refreshing Tomorrow's data
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
2005-08-17 22:54:37.822 New DB connection, total: 3
downloading listings: 100%
[================================================================================================]------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 122:47: letter is expected
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
2005-08-17 22:55:15.978 New DB connection, total: 4
Updated programs: 0  Unchanged programs: 0
Fetching data for ons aug 17 2005

Note the line "Error in 122:47: letter is expected".

It doesn't show anything else than that and fails silently, happily
continuing on the next day's listings. I get a raw XML dump if I run the
grabber manually, so I am sure that the error is in mythfilldatabase.

Is there anybody here who could give me a clue about this?

Regards,
Jonathan