[mythtv-users] HowTo fix broken MPEG2 recording with ProjectX?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:37:17 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:
> HI!
>
> Every now and then, someone writes here, that he fixed a broken
> recording (with distortion, and therefore out of sync after cutting with
> avidemux) with ProjectX.
>
> But how? I loaded such a recording into ProjectX and demuxed it. Then
> multiplex with mplex and audio if out of sync. Any special settings to
> set in ProjectX?
>
> ProjectX complains about corruption during demuxing...
>
> Audio is in sync in the original file, but I want to cut out commercials.
>
> BTW, this is the first time, I have such a file.
>
> Any hints?

Do not touch the MPEG file before you pass it to ProjectX as this is
likely to introduce further problems. You can use ProjectX to also
make cuts (I personally use a program called Cuttermaran to do
frame-accurate editing to remove commercials in Win2K after I have
used ProjectX to demux and correct errors). Cuttermaran will then
replex the files back together to give a DVD compliant MPEG file.

On another issue, how did the file get distorted in the first place?

Nick