[mythtv-users] HowTo fix broken MPEG2 recording with ProjectX?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Aug 17 06:20:35 UTC 2005

HI!

Nick wrote:

>>Every now and then, someone writes here, that he fixed a broken
>>recording (with distortion, and therefore out of sync after cutting with
>>avidemux) with ProjectX.
>>
>>But how? I loaded such a recording into ProjectX and demuxed it. Then
>>multiplex with mplex and audio if out of sync. Any special settings to
>>set in ProjectX?
>>
>>ProjectX complains about corruption during demuxing...
>>
>>Audio is in sync in the original file, but I want to cut out commercials.
>>
>>BTW, this is the first time, I have such a file.
>>
>>Any hints?
>
> Do not touch the MPEG file before you pass it to ProjectX as this is

I didn't. Original .nuv is OK. After demuxing this with ProjectX default
settings and muxing again with mplex, audio is off sync.

> likely to introduce further problems. You can use ProjectX to also
> make cuts (I personally use a program called Cuttermaran to do

I tried, but the video editor is higly unstable.

> On another issue, how did the file get distorted in the first place?

Apparantly, the signal was lost a few times during the recording.
Fortunately, mostly (or even only) during the commercials.

Thomas