[SOLVED] Re: [mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second then dies

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Sat Aug 6 23:12:31 UTC 2005

James Colannino wrote:

> Hey everyone.  I've been googling around trying to find a solution to
> this, but haven't found one yet :(  I did find one thread where
> someone had the same problem
> (http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=30704&) but nobody found
> a solution.  Basically, I can view TV for about half a second or so,
> afterwhich the image freezes, mythfrontend doesn't respond for about
> 10-20 seconds, and finally I'm dropped back to the Watch TV menu
> entry. [...]

Everyone, I figured this out.  Under mythsetup -> Capture cards ->
/dev/video0 -> Default Input: there was an entry called Television.  I
left it as is, and I had an error.  I changed it however to Tuner 0 and
it worked since the program guide information was bound to Tuner 0.
That leaves me with the question: what is the Television option for?
:-P  Anyway, thanks everyone for the help.  I greatly appreciate it.

James

--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it." --G. K. Chesterton