[mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second then dies

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Sat Aug 6 20:02:04 UTC 2005

tommy wrote:

>James Colannino wrote:
>

>>I wish that was my problem :(  I've tried disabling the backend
>>starting at boot and manually starting it after the system loaded all
>>the drivers and it still doesn't work.  I wanted to try the solution
>>that tommy posted, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to
>>manually edit the mysql setting (I'm not very familiar with mysql.)
>>

>I don't think the link I posted has anything to do with it, I just
>quickly looked at your frontend log:
>
>2005-08-06 11:53:18.043 prebuffering pause
>2005-08-06 11:53:37.092 ReadStringList timeout (quick).
>
>which matched mine, but your backend logs show something a lot more 'serious', possibly sql access issues?

I don't think so.  As far as I know it can access the database just
fine.  By the way, I noticed this in the backend log:

Starting up as the master server.
Starting up as the master server.
(same thing on 2 more lines)

It looks like it's no longer complaining with the message "Error getting
inputs for the capturecard.  Perhaps you have forgotten to bind video
sources to your card's inputs?"   Still having the same problem with not
being able to watch LiveTV though :(

James

--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it." --G. K. Chesterton