[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au script from this list. Anyone elsehadproblems today?

Ian Ward support at cyberpro.com.au
Tue Aug 2 08:42:04 UTC 2005

Phill Edwards wrote:

>The reason they restrict the EPG data is because they know that people
>want it to use in their PVRs. And why? Because people skip ads with
>their PVRs.

Who me =-O
I love the ads!

>The other option apart from NineMSN is the OzTivo scripts. As I've
>mentioned before on this forum these have no legal issues associated
>because volunteers manually enter the data. I can help you guys get up
>tp speed with it if you like. The change-over is not actually very
>hard. Some of the data is not as complete - eg program genres - some
>is mor ecomplete - eg actors etc.

That would be great, where are they located? I had not seen the OzTivo
site before.
Is this http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Wktivoguide/ what you are
talking about?
Do you find this more reliable than d1.com.au?
there really is two issues, reliability and quality.
d1.com.au has the odd hiccup or two, but it is in ninemsn's interest to
change things around just to screw up your grabber.
If you have a modified grabber I would like to try it ( I have a second
mythtv box so that I can experiment with a few things )

Regards,
Ian