[mythtv-users] Re: recording HD content

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:30:10 UTC 2005

Hopefully someone who really knows will jump in, but here's what I've
found while trying to learn about HDTV and using a pcHDTV to capture
it (or at least what I think I've learned, again, hopefully someone
will correct anything I am wrong about):

OTA HDTV is AKA as VSB.  Whereas the content that is ran to you via
your cable provider (Discovery HD, ESPN HD...) is known as QAM HDTV.
Apparently there is some work being done, and people are posting all
over the list on using QAM and it's working just fine for some,
other's are getting there.

So a short answer to your question, assuming my very little research
is correct, would be yes you can.  If I'm wrong, then I don't know :D

Good Luck!