[mythtv-users] nuvexport lvemux AV offset

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:12:44 UTC 2005

I recently discovered that nuvexport doesn't work as well as I thought
it did. I did an MPEG2->MPEG2 cut of a movie I recorded off a VHS tape
and the sync was off just a little bit. I noticed this when I started
the export. (scenes are correct, but watching peoples mouths move
makes you a little uneasy)

Finding the AV Offset to use with lvemux: -33

Am I right in thinking that there shouldn't be an offset with an NUV
file? I mean, the audio and video are recorded simultaneously into the
same file. Unless that's the physical byte-offset of the audio and
video, but that seems like a strange number.

Suggestions / ideas?

--
email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites