[mythtv-users] How to convert PCM audio track to AC3?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 00:56:06 UTC 2005

> Look at avidemux
> it can convert to ac3 and it can use pass-thru for the video...
>
> (of course, there's no *need* to convert to AC3 - it just
> reduces sound
> quality and the PVR350's pcm encoding is fine for the DVD format
> although technically not supported with NTSC, in practice it works)
>
> David

Thanks David. Can you give me a bit more detail on using avidemux(2) to
convert to AC3? I did not see that option in my version.

PS - The reason I want to use AC3 is because the dvd player in the truck
will not play a pcm stream. I tried my ford and a buddies crapsler and
neither will play the sound track. Video is fine, just no sound. Plays fine
in my home players.