[mythtv-users] apt-get trouble Mythtv 0.16

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 23 18:08:21 EDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 14:25, Tim Lewis wrote:
> I am tring to install MythTv .16 on redhat 9
>
> I did the following
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Now I get the following error:
>
> [root at frontend2 apt]# apt-get install  mythtv-suite
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Some packages could not be installed.
[snip]
> when I try to apt-get install xmltv-grabbers it get:
>   xmltv-grabbers: Depends: perl(XML::Twig) (>= 3.10)
> E: Broken packages

Looks like perl-XML-Twig for RH9 got blown away for some reason. cc'ing the
atrpms-devel list on this one.

You can apt-get install all the myth sub-packages individually for the time
being, xmltv isn't needed in the US anymore, and is only a dependency of
mythtv-suite.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com