[mythtv-users] resume from last point during playback / screen saver function

Donavan Stanley GeckoFiend at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 04:11:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:39:25 -0700, Michael Fenston
<fenston-myth at san.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if the following two features are in mythtv somewhere and
> I'm just not looking hard enough ... if not these are some feature requests:
>
> 1) with TIVO if you start playing something back you recorded and then
> stop the recording by going back to the main menu you can view that
> recording with an entry point that is the same as when you got out of it
> (it has a resume button) ... I couldn't find this feature in mythtv and
> actually use this a lot with the TIVO.  I have a PVR-350 card ... is
> this a function of the ivtv driver?  Is this a HW limitation?

It's there, you can have it either always save, or prompt you on exit.
 Take a look in the settings.

> 2) it is possible to leave the mythtv GUI onscreen to burn into the
> television set.  Is there any way within myth to have an intellegent
> screen saver such that if the GUI displays for too long the screen
> either goes into live tv mode or displays some kind of screen saver?

Either a) use a screensaver in X or b) Turn off your TV every now and
then instead of leaving it up on the same gui screen.  It takes a LONG
time on the same screen to burn in an image.