[mythtv-users] Mythweb security

wmunson at rochester.rr.com wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 14:37:50 UTC 2004

> Am I currently right in thinking that Mythweb has no login feature (I
> havent seen one and had a quick look in the source). I think this
> would be a great feature as it would make scheduling recordings more
> secure when accessing it remotely.

Correct there is no security by default. I dont think its a good idea to set a password by default however it would be easy enough to add the needed files and permissions to your setup to make it secure. If you know what address you will be using to access the web you could limit access to the local network and your specific remote subnet. Personally I just tunnel into the network when away from home.