[mythtv-users] Fastforward / Rewind problems

Shawn Leas core at enodev.com
Wed Nov 24 17:18:29 UTC 2004

Yes, I do, and it's pretty much broken as far as I'm concerned.

As far as how it should work (which it does not), a reposition after FFW
or REW should be the average reaction human time multiplied by the speed
of the FFW or REW.

It's pretty simple in my mind.

On Wed, November 24, 2004 9:02 am, Asher Schaffer said:
> Am I the only one who has such trouble with fastforward and rewind?
>
> I've been using CVS for about a month now on an M10k with a PVR250
running gentoo w/ the 2.6.8 kernel.  Fastforwarding works in so much
that it does fast forward at the proscribed speed, but when I break out
of fastforward it will often be at a point ahead of where I told it to
stop, sometimes only by a few seconds, but sometimes much more.

> It used to be that if I turned on reposition after FF/RW it would jump
back way too far (FF through 2 minutes, and it would jump back 30+
seconds, even at low speed FF).  Now it seems to jump ahead by a large
amount if I have that turned on.  Does anyone else have problems like
this?