[mythtv-users] Unichrome support at ATrpms (was: How well does Unichrome work?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Nov 23 12:59:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 08:44:01PM -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
> So, I installed the RPMs from ATRpms, the Unichrome RPMs and
> recompiled MythTV from CVS.

what does it take to add Unichrome support to ATrpms? Would a separate
build of mythtv be required, or would it be pssoible to have a generic
rpm supporting both non-unichrome and unichrome setups (I guess the
xvmc of nvidia vs via will be an obstacle)?

If different builds of mythtv are required, does it affect other
plugins, too, or would plugins built for the generic mythtv rpms work
also on the unichrome ones (i.e. are the unichrome specifics
abstracted away into libmyth* or visible in myth headers?)

I'd like to add unichrome support to ATrpms, but the packaging needs
to be done by someone who sits on such hardware (I'll always help, of
course).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net