[mythtv-users] Preserving HDTV AC3 audio stream whilst transcoding

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 21 18:15:30 UTC 2004

On Nov 20, 2004, at 11:21, Stephen Hocking wrote:

> Well,
>
> I downloaded a recent CVS, and after tweaking the settings.pro to get
> the
> march=athlon-xp flasg that I wanted, and turning on other stuff like
> ALSA,
> HDTV viewing (of recordings anyway) chugs along at about 30-40% CPU
> utilisation. Very smooth. There are glitches that pop up when changing
> apect ratio and such like, but it's livable with for the time being.
> What's
> gone wrong now is that the code has a hard time continuing to use the
> pcHDTV HD
> 2000 card - it complains

I just bumped up to the 6629 nvidia driver and cvs of this past
Thursday. When I turn off kernel deint, my 3200 sits around 60% busy.
Not sure how the hell your processor is doing that much better than
mine, but I have no complaints, everything works peachy.

> " Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds.  Game over,
> man."
> and one has to restart the backend and frontend. Hopefully my CVS
> download was
> done at an awkward time and further updates will fix this.

No such problem here...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com