[mythtv-users] Preserving HDTV AC3 audio stream whilst transcoding

Stephen Hocking shocking at houston.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 19:21:06 UTC 2004

Well,

I downloaded a recent CVS, and after tweaking the settings.pro to get the
march=athlon-xp flasg that I wanted, and turning on other stuff like ALSA,
HDTV viewing (of recordings anyway) chugs along at about 30-40% CPU
utilisation. Very smooth. There are glitches that pop up when changing
apect ratio and such like, but it's livable with for the time being. What's
gone wrong now is that the code has a hard time continuing to use the pcHDTV HD
2000 card - it complains
" Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds.  Game over, man."
and one has to restart the backend and frontend. Hopefully my CVS download was
done at an awkward time and further updates will fix this.

	Stephen
--
  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn