[mythtv-users] Preserving HDTV AC3 audio stream whilst transcoding

Stephen Hocking shocking at houston.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 19:03:42 UTC 2004

Isaac Richards did say....

> Xine and myth use identical amounts of cpu on my xp1800+ when using Xv -- ie,
> around 75% (and X using around 20% for both) when decoding 1080i.  Both play
> back mostly smoothly, with a glitch every 10 seconds or so (ie, the CPU is
> very marginal for what it's doing).   If you're seeing a difference, you have
> a configuration issue.  What that may be, I don't know, since you've not done
> much besides whine.

Alright, 'fess up - what is your video card/display config? Mine's a Nvidia
FX5200 and an InFocus X1 projector, set up to run at 1024x768 (its native
resolution is 800x600, but it will scale down). I'm thinking that perhaps the
video card might be slower at scaling to some resolutions. My CPU according to
you should be adequate - it's an XP2400+ (about 2GHz).

	Stephen

	Stephen
--
  "I and the public know