[mythtv-users] MythWeb question

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:01:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:41:10 -0600, mjc <mjchiasson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this might seem a little odd but I was wondering if anyone has
> set up their MythWeb server to be accessible from an Internet web
> page?
>
> I want to set mine up so that my wife and I can be able to set our
> mythbox to record programs while we are away at work.  I have to linux
> boxes running on my home lan: one my web server and one my mythbox.  I
> am running Myth v.16 right now, and MythWeb is accessible  from any
> computer in our house.
>
> I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas, short of VNC using SSH.
> Thanks in advance.

When you say that your other Linux box is a webserver, do you mean
that you already have an internet accessible Linux web server set up?
If so, then what you want to do is very easy. Mythweb can run on any
box, it doesn't have to sit on the myth backend or anything like that.
You just have to tell it what box to connect to for mysql. So, all you
really need to do is setup mythweb on your webserver. That's how I do
it. I run mythweb on my Linux firewall, which is directly accessible
from the internet. If you do this, I'd advise you to password protect
it. Don't want strangers discovering that they can delete your TV
shows... :)

Shawn Asmussen