[mythtv-users] MythWeb question

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Nov 18 18:59:49 UTC 2004

> I want to set mine up so that my wife and I can be able to set our
> mythbox to record programs while we are away at work.  I have to linux
> boxes running on my home lan: one my web server and one my mythbox.  I
> am running Myth v.16 right now, and MythWeb is accessible  from any
> computer in our house.

I just forward port 80 from one of my IP's (I have 2) to my mythbox (and
have mythweb configured to run only in ssl mode).  Alternatively, you
could use apache's mod_proxy on your main webserver to forward to your
mythbox.  Or just install mythweb on your webserver.

Then make sure to turn on mythweb's authentication.

-Chris