[mythtv-users] Re: epia mythfrontend

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Wed Nov 17 05:52:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 01:10, Micah Wedemeyer wrote:
> 3. MythTV works with the hardware MPEG-2 decoding, but only with the Unichrome
> drivers, I believe.  I think they discontinued support for the VIA binary
> drivers.  In addition, the latest release (0.16) does not have support for
> either.  You have to get the CVS release in order to get full support.  I have
> not yet done this since I'm scared to lose the RPM release that I initially
> installed.

Currently myth 0.16 supports the VIA binary drivers and old versions of
Unchrome drivers up to release-25.  Unichrome then removed support for
ddmpeg and now only libviaXvMC is supported.  The cvs version of Myth
has support for the new libviaXvMC and no support for ddmpeg.

http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/ lists some rpm binary packages for
FC2.

Paul